Saturday, June 20, 2009
2 oz Stoli® Vanil vodka
1 oz Rose's® lime juice
1 oz half-and-half
1 Graham Cracker, crumbled fine
Fill first three three ingredients in a shaker with ice & shake. Rim martini glass with lime juice, then dip in crushed Graham Cracker. Strain drink into Martini glass.
"I came.....I drank.....I don't remember!" Irish Kevin's.
1 83 Brian Vickers Toyota, Red Bull
Failed to Qualify:
Friday, June 19, 2009
We first reported on the Charity Splits raffle here. Soon several K9 officers will receive bullet-and-knife-resistant vests thanks to the partnership of Greg Biffle and Tony Stewart. The two NASCAR drivers joined Susie Jean, a philanthropist appropriately nicknamed “Dog’s Vest Friend” and founder of Vest ‘N P.D.P, to help in her efforts of providing vests to all K9 officers. A Charity Splits raffle was held from
Supporting Vest ‘N P.D.P. is not new to Tony Stewart. Last year the Tony Stewart Foundation awarded a grant to Vest ‘N P.D.P. in order to provide forty bullet-and-knife-resistant vests to all K9 officers in
Also, TBR has a new sponsor. Further pushing this little team that could, The California Outdoor Heritage Alliance (COHA) and its member organizations will be featured on Tommy Baldwin Racing’s No. 36 Toyota with driver Brian Simo in the Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California on Sunday, June 21st. Additionally, COHA will also be featured on Jason Bowle’s car in the NASCAR Camping World West Series Race at Infineon Raceway on Saturday, June 20th. This was made possible through an anonymous donation to highlight the important efforts of COHA to NASCAR fans in California and throughout the nation.
COHA is a 501(C)4 political advocacy organization dedicated solely to the promotion of wildlife conservation and the protection of our hunting heritage. COHA was founded in 2006 by the California Waterfowl Association (CWA) in response to increasing political threats to hunting and science-based wildlife management in California. COHA enhances the hunting community’s political advocacy capability at all government levels and serves as an umbrella under which diverse outdoor interests can mobilize.
“COHA is very pleased to team with Tommy Baldwin Racing in running a car at Infineon which represents COHA and our vast membership of conservation organizations who share our concern for wildlife and the future of our outdoor heritage,” stated Bill Gaines, President of the California Outdoor Heritage Alliance. “NASCAR fans are proven to care deeply about these same traditions. With the generous assistance of Tommy Baldwin Racing, we can let them know that COHA is fighting hard to keep these traditions alive in California and beyond.”
COHA accomplishes its mission through direct lobbying, legal research and political fundraising. Key issues include, but are not limited to protecting and enhancing wildlife habitat, increasing hunter access and opportunity, protecting the use of dogs in hunting, ensuring appropriate use of hunter-generated monies, ensuring biologically-based seasons and bag limits and maintaining appropriate wildlife management tools.
“I am really excited to have COHA on our car this weekend,” Baldwin said. “We have road course specialist Brian Simo in the car so we should put on a pretty good show for them. I just hope we can make all the COHA folks proud this weekend.”
Simo, has three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts at Infineon Raceway with a career-best finish of 10th coming in 2005.
The Toyota/Save Mart 350 will be televised live Sun., June 21 beginning at 4:30 p.m. EST on TNT and the Camping Word East Race will begin at 3:30 on June 20.
For more information on the California Outdoor Heritage Alliance, visit their website at www.outdoorheritage.org, or contact them at 916-643-4607.
For more information on Tommy Baldwin Racing visit here.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Today's Fast lap features Sports Car Racing driver Sarah Bennett Baggs. She is driving Aston Martin N24 in GT Cup and is also a Motoesport Artist. Her work can be found here.
1.What music have you recently put on your iPod? Lady GaGa, James Morrison, Pink
2. What was the last movie you saw? W & Slumdog Millionaire3. What are your favorite TV shows? Top Gear, & Have I got news for you?
4. What other sporting teams/events do you follow? Other Fellow racing pals, Formula 1, and at present the British Tennis Open.
5. What is one personal item you can not live without? My blackberry for staying in touch with the world.
6. What are your favorite places to visit? Love Italy and France and all of the UK, wide open spaces with lots of wildlife, ole worlde towns and villages, favorites Umbria in Italy, Devon and Cornwall in the UK, St Tropez in France pretty quaint towns by the sea, especially if there is a tea shop!
7. What is your favorite clothing brand? Abercrombie and Fitch, Diesel, and Prada - but also Zara, White stuff for Casuals.
8. What is your favorite book or publication? Always read 'The Week', Evo, GTPorsche, and Porsche Post magazines and usually have a good book on the go most of the time.
9. What is your favorite activity to do in your off time? I love painting and do commissions of racecars for friends in Pastel and Acrylic, I even have my own website: www.carsoncanvas.co.uk. Plus I am a keen gardener and am always pottering about in the garden, plus I love a bit of watersports when the weather is good.
10. What is your favorite cuisine? Difficult one, I love everything, Indian, Chinese, Thai - but I think traditional English roasts are my favourite there's nothing like getting all your friends round for a long lazy Sunday lunch!